[NAFEX] compost, peatmoss, and soil ph(& sawdust & woodchips)

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 10:56:14 EST 2008

I probably missed parts of recent list discussions on the topics of sawdust &
woodchip use, but I didn't see any mention of these as possible disease vectors.
For example, I think it's verticillium wilt which survives & moves around to new
locations in fresh woodchips, but not if the chips sit in a pile for 2 or 3 years.