[NAFEX] some Yacon questions

Karen Tillou arboretum at homeorchardsociety.org
Sun Jan 20 15:37:40 EST 2008

i like to use it best grated raw with salads or hors d'oeuvres rather
than cooked - it loses itself i think.  definitely a temperate garden
replacement for jicama, but watery-er.  not as starchy and gross as
j. artichoke, which i wouldn't eat raw.  (can you tell i am partial
here?)  my partner eats them out of hand like a carrot or apple.
try it!
karen
oregon city, OR zone 8a