[NAFEX] Inulin/Diabetic Friendly Produce (OT?)

Gregory Strella gregory.strella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:36:25 EST 2008

John's query on yacon reminded me of a question I've thought about posing to
the list for some time.  I work with a community garden in a densely urban
section of Baltimore, MD (zone 7a, but with additional inner city heat
retention).  A number of our most beloved gardeners are diabetic and we grow
Jerusalem artichokes partially because of they don't upset their blood-sugar
levels.  We've ordered yacon for next season with this in mind.  I'm curious
if anyone has tips for other particularly diabetic friendly fare -
especially those that are as delicious and easy to cultivate as the two I've
mentioned.

As always, thanks to everyone for the great conversation.

Greg Strella