[NAFEX] Fruit bearing Seedlings

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Sat Jan 5 10:10:14 EST 2008

    If you want to grow fruit but don't want to spend alot of money per
bush/tree, consider buying conservation seedlings.  The only 'catch' is that
you'd have to buy them in bunches like maybe $12 for a bunch of ten or $20
for a bunch of 25.  There are bigger bunches.
    I bought Beach Plum from the New Hampshire Division of Forests and
Lands.  They also have Bayberry, Chokeberry, Highbush Cranberry, Elderberry
(black and/or red), Juneberry, Winterberry Holly, to mention a few.  They
also have shade tree seedlings.  If you buy from the State of New Hampshire
you can order in Winter for Spring delivery.  I receive a hard copy catalog.
Go to http://www.nhnursery.com .
    Go to http://www.lincolnoakes.com/ for other items such as Manchurian
Apricot, Chokecherry, +, +, +.  Lincoln Oakes has bunches of seedlings from
one year old to 5 to 6'.  Everything is a dollar something or less per item
per bunch.  The down side is that you have to order in Fall for Spring
delivery but I have, on occasion, called them in Mid-Winter to see if they
had extra of something and they usually did.
    Wisconsin has nurseries that will sell other items.  Last year I spent a
morning googling Wildflower Nurseries and finally found one that would find,
and dig up, a bunch of Eastern Huckleberry.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: