[NAFEX] shrubs in a chicken yard

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Fri Jan 4 10:03:48 EST 2008

A number of years back, AJ Bullard penned an article for POMONA
regarding mulberries, and indicated that mulberry orchards were once
very common across the agrarian South, as a source of feed for both
chickens and hogs.  If I recall correctly, he indicated that the
"Hicks Everbearing" variety was the most commonly encountered
selection; productive, but not especially tasty, compared to his
favorites, but I suppose pigs and chickens probably aren't all that choosy.

Lucky