[NAFEX] Subject: mowing orchards and pastures

Toni Pralle toni.pralle at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 14:19:11 EDT 2008

Veering slightly off topic.....almost. I am looking at two mowers at an
upcoming auction. I want to mow the rough spots in my pasture a few times a
summer. My choices are Swisher 44" or an Acrease wing mower Kunz engineering
inc. These aren't this year's models ;-)  I looked them both up on the net.
I sorta thought the Kunz might be a better mower?? Anyone have any
experience? The auctioneer thought they might go for $200/$300. I'll be
pulling it on flat ground with a Colt Hydra Drive garden tractor, also not
this year's model. ( a friend found it at an auction. I bid $80. I asked my
friend how old it was and he said the serial number was in Roman Numerals)
It runs and I'm happy.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/