[NAFEX] Deadly Pathogen Could Destroy Florida Citrus Industry

Betty Mayfield bmayfield at opusnet.com
Tue Aug 26 20:16:43 EDT 2008

Since the New York Times requires a login to read a story, I found a
source in Google that had copied it - try the Free Internet Press:
http://freeinternetpress.com/story.php?sid=18117

But while I was looking, I ran across another NYT citrus  trouble
story, "A tiny insect that apparently hitched a ride to Florida from
West Africa aboard Hurricane Andrew in 1992 has suddenly begun
infesting citrus groves throughout the state, sucking the life from
orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime leaves and drying up profits for
the beleaguered $8 billion-a-year citrus industry." But the date of
the story on the citrus leaf miner was April 14, 1994.

Citrus farming must be a tough way to make a living.

Betty Mayfield
northwest Oregon