[NAFEX] Stoneless plums

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Aug 16 23:10:35 EDT 2008

This is for anyone who might have interest in breeding stoneless plums.
Mine are ripe now and many have viable kernals, even though they lack
all or most of the stone. I've grown seedlings of them before and some
do carry the stoneless trait. If  anyone else is interested, I can
still collect seed for about another day or so. After that, the hot
weather and animals will take the majority of them.  Stratify the bare
kernels just like seed, but with some fungicide like captan to keep
them from rotting until they grow.
Contact me offlist if you want to try them.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :