[NAFEX] Blackbewrry Taste

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Mon Aug 11 09:00:49 EDT 2008

Bill from Nebraska wrote, "But the bigger problem, I guess, is that I've
never eaten a good blackberry. As I said, the ones I've bought were like
little lemons. And considering that I'm rapidly running out of room to plant
anything new, I haven't been inclined to make room for blackberries."

Bill,
    In order of sweetness of blackberries that would thrive in your area
are, 1) Thibodeau, 2) Bangor and 3) Fort Kent.  Thibodeau is available from
NAFEX member Heron Breen and Fort Kent is sold by FEDCO Trees.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: