[NAFEX] root pruning mistake

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:30:33 EDT 2008

I just read a posting I made in early a.m. and there were sure a lot of
errors, how embarrassing (hopefully no one read it).  At the end I suggested
leaving the roots unpruned of a fig tree that has been allowed to root out
from its container into surrounding soil.  I meant to suggest that after
pruning the roots while digging the tree out in the fall you should try
leaving the branches alone and not to cut them back.  I suspect you will
find that there will be no die-back of branches as a result of a reduced
root structure.