[NAFEX] figs

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Fri Aug 1 13:05:14 EDT 2008

I have had three fig plants in big pots for seven years.  Never had a
ripe fig Plenty of green figs which fell off unripe.  Today I picked
two ripe figs from the Chicago Hardy.  Tasted good.  I bring them in
during the winter and the leaves promptly fall off.  Last winter I
kept them next to a window and a windowed door.  Leaves did not fall
off and new leaves grew.  If you live where it is warm most of the
year it probably sounds dumb to talk about two ripe figs but I am
proud.  Severe winter temps here.  Not home of the fig.

Minnesota zone 2-3