[NAFEX] squirrel success

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Fri Aug 1 10:23:53 EDT 2008

In addition to the tasty eating, Michele has a nice idea about paying
local boys a 'bounty' on each one they capture - and beyond that, the
youngsters might also be able to make a little cash(little being the
operative word) &/or get some nice fishing lures.  Mepps buys
squirrel tails (somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-25 cents each),
but they also have a program where you can trade squirrel tails for
lures.  I've caught more bass on Mepps spinners or Mepps Comet lures
than just about anything else I can think of.
http://fishing.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=fishing&cdn=sports&tm=9&f=10&su=p531.49.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.mepps.com/squirrels

Squirrel poles equipped with snares are quite effective in some settings.
http://www.snareshop.com/cgi-bin/snareshop/catalog.html?cat=Snares
http://www.aircav.com/survival/asch08/asch08p06.html