[NAFEX] [SPAM] Re: sea buckthorn

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Sat Apr 5 21:22:24 EDT 2008

I support the idea of planting good cultivars in preference to seedlings.

I don't have any plants, but I did buy some juice (lots of sediment),
500 ml./17 fl. oz. for $25.99 CDN. It has a very medicinal taste. I'm
finishing it off, very gradually, partly because I'm sure it's good for
me, and partly so as not to waste all that money.

If the good tasting stuff has equal nutraceutical properties, I'm sure
that once the customers get the idea that it can taste good, there will
be no market for the bad-tasting stuff. It looks as if someone is making
monay on it; I just hope that some of it is filtering down to the growers.

Given the cost of health care and the likely future of government
finances, it might not be a bad personal investment for those who have
the space.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada