[NAFEX] Is anyone else growing dragon fruit?

V. Michael Bove, Jr. vmb at teakettlefarm.com
Sun Sep 30 16:26:39 EDT 2007

After a trip to Taiwan last year (where I got hooked on the very
civilized practice of eating Hylocereus fruits for breakfast), I
decided to install a dragon fruit plant in my greenhouse.  It grew
slowly and overwintered nicely in a 5-gallon pot with a small trellis
in it, but when I put it outside for the summer it threw out six-foot
branches in all directions.  There's no way that wild flailing needly
thing is going back inside until I tame it a bit.  Has anyone any
pruning or tying-back experience to share?  Thanks!
Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)