[NAFEX] medlars

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Wed Sep 26 21:13:38 EDT 2007

Hidden Springs has sold Nottingham for a long time.  At on time, the
NCGR they found that just about all the medlars sold in the U.S. were
Nottingham, regardless of name.  Since then, the newer importations are
being sold at a few places.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For growing supplies and more;  http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com

On Sep 26, 2007, at 5:55 PM, Spidra Webster wrote:

On Sep 26, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Lon J. Rombough wrote:
> The NCGR has grafted their trees on pear stock in the past. The
> general method is to bury the graft union so the medlar scion roots.
> -Lon Rombough
Interesting. I was wondering why medlar was grafted onto other stock
and forgot to ask why.  I've never found Nottingham for sale at a US
nursery.  I've only seen it on British sites.

Megan Lynch

nafex mailing list
nafex at lists.ibiblio.org

sites.