[NAFEX] Apple Butter Recipe / Pear sauce

Del Stubbs northernlights2n at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 09:11:38 EDT 2007

I just had a discussion with an old timer who makes all her apple butter in the oven, low
temp, in a large open pan - it can't burn this way and the extra water evaporates easily.
Another friend uses his electric slow cooker w/ the top off.
We have made a mix of 1/4 pear sauce and 3/4 apple sauce - wonderful!  The apples were
plain and we were short on pears so it was a perfect combo.
Del

Del Stubbs  www.pinewoodforge.com   zone 3a   N. MN