[NAFEX] New vacuum food storage product

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 20:25:18 EST 2007

Reynolds is marketing a "new" approach for vacuum food storage that I think may be of interest.  Called "Handi-Vac", it's a hand held, battery operated vacuum pump that uses special quart and gallon sized zip lock bags with a vacuum valve on them.  Pack the bag with frozen fruit, seal the zip, then vacuum the air out.  Takes less than a minute.

  Bags are can be opened at the zip for food removal, then reclosed and re-vacuumed.

  Price is under $20 for the starter kit with the vacuum and some bags.  Bag cost is not much more than name brand.  I've had one for a couple of months and its been working very well for my frozen gooseberries.  I long ago gave up on other, more expensive vacuum sealers but this one has been worthwhile.

  (Hope this is not consider OT)

  John