[NAFEX] mara de bois strawberry plant source

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Wed Nov 28 07:17:35 EST 2007

Check with the germplasm repository at Cornwallis.  Yesterday I received runners of the 'Fairfax' strawberry that I requested from them via e-mail last spring.  No cost whatsoever and they were Fed-Exed overnight to my door.  Good work USDA!! (I don't have cause to praise them too often.)  I stuck 'em in pots--should be no trouble--roots were already forming.

Steve Herje
Lone Rock, WI USDA Zone 3-4

PS:  Thanks to whoever suggested Fairfax.  It's is one of the parents of Sparkle--my favorite commonly available berry and it's supposed to be even better.  It's supposed to grow well in (part?) shade--which is something I can always use.