[NAFEX] Peach rootstock

ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN hartmansfruit at msn.com
Thu Nov 15 14:35:37 EST 2007

Hi Pete,

What Tom suggested is a good possibility to save the variety of tree that your grandfather had.  Also I have grafted peach onto the Pumiselect rootstock and the Krymsk 1 successfully.  Both are somewhat dwarfing.  Pumiselect will give you a tree about 60% of standard and Krymsk 1 will give you a tree about 50% of standard depending on your growing conditions.  I see that Raintree Nursery has Krymsk 1 available.  Off hand I don't know where you can get small quantities of Pumiselect.  Pumiselect is supposedly only good for peach and possibly apricot whereas Krymsk 1 is suppose to be good for peach, plum, apricot, and nectarine.

Bob
Western Washington