[NAFEX] Asian lady beetles

Dr.O'Barr Topgun at Otelco.net
Tue Nov 13 23:10:53 EST 2007

The Asian Beetles will go higher in pecan trees for the aphids than the domestic ones, Hence the pecan growers love them!

R. D. O'Barr
Zone 7
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: sdw12986 at aol.com
  To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:56 PM
  Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian lady beetles

  The only problem I have with the Asian lady bugs is that they are taking over. The cute, red with black spots, lady bugs most of us knew when we were children are rapidly going extinct.  http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/v37_1_04/article_20.shtml
  There are so many of them, I'm a little surprised that the population hasn't crashed because they have eaten all of their available food.

  Steve

I agree, I have not found any disagreement with asian lady bugs so far.
Just my opinion as well,
Hélène, north of Ottawa.