[NAFEX] Bird Decoys for Serviceberry, etc.

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Sat May 26 08:26:10 EDT 2007

    Along about this time of year i start hanging out my 'decoys.'  I bought
round beads and berry beads (berry beads resemble raspberries), installed
wire to hang them, and hang them in the trees and bushes.  The birds go wild
over them scattering them all over the yard.  Then I just collect them and
re-hang them.  By the time the fruit turns red, most of the birds seem
convinced that red things are not edible.  Some birds, like Robins, are
easily fooled and some not.  Doesn't work 100% but it really helps.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: