[NAFEX] Saskatoons

Chex chex.rice at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:08:52 EDT 2007

Lee, I don't have a revised copy of your book but I still have the one
I purchased about 10 years ago.  I'm always tickled when an author and
sage that I have great respect for responds to one of my emails.

I've read much of Dr. Richard St-Pierre's book now that I downloaded
it online and am left with the impression that most juneberry growers
can expect a certain percentage of the berries to abort.  On my plants
that are starting their 3rd year about 75% aborted but some look like
they might make it.  I have no signs of disease or insect damnage.  No
holes in the fruit or discoloration on the fruit or foilage.  I'm just
hoping to get to taste some this year and hopefully the percentage
that abort will decrease as the plants mature.  I still have hope.

Thanks Lee

Richard Murphy, I'm wishing you the best of luck.

Chris Rice
zone 5a, Illinois