[NAFEX] hardy fig?

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Sat Mar 24 20:41:25 EDT 2007

 Magnolia fig is also known as Brunswick. The fruit splits and sours in
rainy summers. Even if the fig would survive our winter, the fruit will
taste really bad if it was rainy during ripenning season. I have it
growing in a container, but it does split if it rains a lot when it
starts to ripen. This fig is adaptable best to drier areas such as Texas,
and Ca.
I've seen the figs in longwood gardens, they're grown more for the leaves
than anything. I do like the apple orchard they have, and how they train
the trees.

Bass
Zone 6, pa