[NAFEX] mulberries

Donna &/or Kieran holycow at cookeville.com
Wed Mar 21 23:52:30 EDT 2007

Yasi,  I have dried Illinois Everbearing and also some M. albas.  I was
inspired by Smith's TREE CROPS book in which he talks about how mulberries
were traditionally dried in Afghanistan.  (They sweep the ground clean, let
the berries fall and dry, then winnow them to get out the bugs, dirt and
stems.  I understand that California raisins are or were done the same way
except that brown paper was laid down first.)  The dried mulberries were a
bit bland, but not bad.   They certainly weren't much work to do.     Donna