[NAFEX] Off topic - landscaping advice wanted

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Sat Mar 17 16:44:24 EDT 2007

You might want to consider Rhododendron 'Ken Janek' (Rhododendron
yakusimanum ' Ken Janek') It has bundant pink flowers and grows 3' by 5' in
acid humus well-drained soils. It's one of the smaller rhododendron and we
have several around our patio in our stone wall planter that surrounds 2
sides of the patio in a rea that is 3' wide.  Also, if you have a basement
in your house and the concrete planter has an open bottom, odds are might be
a drain tile around your foundation that may be below and close to the
planter that keeps it fairly drained.  How far are you from Rabbit Run
Nursery?  (http://www.rabbitrunnursery.com/shrubs.htm) When I Googled the
rhododendron, they came up.  Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com