[NAFEX] No Royalty patented stock

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Mon Mar 12 07:57:03 EDT 2007

Bill,
    Getting a plant patent only protects the plant's name from being used in
any sale.  When nurseries sell plants using their own names, they can avoid
paying royalties for the plants they propagate.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

The only (minor) problem I've got is that I finally realized they use
different common names for many of their varieties, so I'm never
entirely sure what I'm getting. I've come close to buying the same
variety twice, because Stark Bro's doesn't use the same name as everyone
else. Well, I'm so new at all of this that it's surprising I haven't
really had any big problems at all ... so far. :-)

Bill