[NAFEX] hickory seedling care...?

ethan roland eroland at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:31:32 EST 2007

Howdy All-

I've got some shagbark hickory (Carya ovata) seeds that I've been
stratifying for quite some time now (1 yr+), and they have just
started to germinate.

I was planning to seed them out into some tube-type containers to
encourage taproot development and keep an eye on them for the first
year of growth. Any tips or ideas for care? How deep should I set them
in the soil/finished compost mix?

Thanks!

Ethan

--
Ethan C. Roland
(518) 610-1375

AppleSeed Permaculture
Design - Teach - Advise
www.appleseedpermaculture.com

Northeastern Permaculture Wiki
www.northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com

8th International Permaculture Conference, Brazil, 2007
www.ipc8.org

" You can count the number of seeds in an apple, but you can't count
the number of apples in a seed" - proverb via Paul Krafel