[NAFEX] Acidic Oak Leaves?

Hal Love lovehd at comcast.net
Fri Jun 15 11:22:40 EDT 2007

Just about any organic matter will decompose and release humic acids, forming acidic compost. How much it affects your soil pH depends on the soil type, buffering capacity, and amount of compost added. Clay soils with high lime concentrations will be very difficult to lower pH, while sandy soils without lime may be easily acidified.

Hal