[NAFEX] Cherry Tree Lunacy

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Tue Jun 12 10:58:36 EDT 2007

> My cat patrols my garden, and she's not a pest at all.

I'm not so worried about myself, but I live in town and I wouldn't want
to inflict a cat on the neighbors. They're rather hard to keep penned
up, if you let them outside at all. And I've had enough problems with
roaming cats over the years - and complained enough about it to my
friends! (Then again, I have to listen to my neighbors' dogs barking
constantly, so maybe they deserve some payback? Well, not ALL of my
neighbors. Heh, heh.)

Also, there's plenty of traffic in town, and I hate to see cats squished
on the side of the road - even when they've been a real pain. Too
tenderhearted, I guess. Perhaps if I lived outside town,... although
there are so many coyotes around here that cats don't last very long
outdoors in the country. Most of the rural people I know don't care.
They're always getting litters of free kittens from someone to replace
those that disappear. But I'd get too attached to them. Heck, I even
feed the squirrels! :-D

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The first sign of corruption in a society that is still alive is that
the end justifies the means. - Georges Bernanos