[NAFEX] apricots from seed

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Tue Jul 24 05:42:10 EDT 2007

The seed of many stone fruits, including some apricot clones,  is
potentially fatal in such quantities--containing high concentrations of
cyanide. Cyanide is the compound that gives almonds their flavour.  The
origin of the apricot pit cancer cure comes from laetrile therapy.
Laetrile, which is extracted from apricots, was available in Tijuana cancer
clinics during the 70's (It could only be gotten in Mexico because of a
conspiracy by the American medical establishment, you know.)  It is
currently widely available on the Internet--surprise--and has been
thoroughly debunked--except, perhaps, as a cure for erectile dysfunction;-)

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, SW WI  USDA zone 3-4

PS:  Welcome aboard to the new Steve to the list!!  I've been on a number of
lists over the years. I only have time for one anymore.  This one is the
best.