[NAFEX] Pixie Crunch apple scionwood - Not

Donna &/or Kieran holycow at cookeville.com
Wed Jan 24 23:40:38 EST 2007

Ummm.... if I remember correctly, this subject has come up before, not here
I think, rather with my local nurseryman.  Let's see, there is a rose that
someone had given me, and he looked to see if it was legal for him to
propagate it, ie, to find out if it was patented.  He found that it was not
patented, only that the name was trademarked.  As he understood it, that
meant that he could propagate the plant legally, but could not use the TM'd
name to sell it under.  The name is probably in some big advertising
campaign re roses to make the public desire 'Carefree Sunshine' roses, just
as you all have come across publicity on 'Pixie Crunch'?  (it is a nice
healthy rose, by any name, but won't sell nearly as well without the hype)
    I think some of you legal eagles can set us straight on this subject.
Donna