[NAFEX] Growing the McPike grape?

SuziRT suzirt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:47:21 EST 2007

Hi all,
Is anyone growing the McPike grape? I am trying to find out if the McPike
grape, which Henry Guest McPike developed and patented in the later part of
the 1800's, is still being grown in the United States.  It is a cross
between a Concord and a Worden.
It's described in Grapes of NY and is available from the USDA Germplasm
repository, but would like to know if it's in any personal or commercial
gardens/vineyards.

Please contact me if you are growing this grape.

---Suzi Teghtmeyer
Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science
Missouri State University, Mountain Grove Campus and Missouri State Fruit
Experiment Station,
Evans Library Homepage: http://library.missouristate.edu/paulevans/
AgNIC Viticulture site:
http://library.missouristate.edu/links/agnic/vit/index.htm

E-mail: SuziTeghtmeyer at MissouriState.edu
Member: CBHL, AgNIC, USAIN, IAALD, ALA, STC