[NAFEX] Goji Berry

Hans Brinkmann hans-brinkmann at t-online.de
Thu Jan 18 08:35:46 EST 2007

Hallo Chris and Hallo Donna,
yes, I have the same experience, Lycium barbarum Goji Berry do not have
cultivars jet - at EU.
It is sold as a simple plant - not too nice - but to grow every where-
!!! Proposed for slopes.
It grows sometimes wild in German wine areas.
It likes dry sandy soils, but it is growing well in cold zone 5a. In
Germany it is growing in my area -
cold zone 6 - in a very heavy clay soil. A little bit like weed, but not
high.
And to tell the truth, I did not know the background of the plant at
all... I started to minimize them.
It seems, the Goji knowledge is more developed in the USA.
They are propagated in Germany only(!) by winter cuttings. They grow 100%!
I have 750 mm annually rainfall, but they grow without any problem.

Thank you Donna for your very interesting information!
ciao
Hans