[NAFEX] Hardy Kiwi

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Tue Jan 9 09:07:36 EST 2007

    My Actinidia kolomitka produced fruit for several years before my A.
arguta bloomed for its first time.

    The "book" says to have one male for every 8 females but I learned that
staggering (female-male-female-male-female.........) produces more fruit).

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

I'd be happy if my arguta would produce any fruit this year (I am going into
year 5, though I will admit my female vines *6 of them) are fighting with
another vine and generally lose by the end of the season.

My males, 4 of them, are doing fine, though I haven't noticed flowers on
either male or female yet (maybe this year!)

S. Hills