[NAFEX] nafex Graft w/ElecTape?

David.Maxwell at dal.ca David.Maxwell at dal.ca
Wed Dec 26 09:50:15 EST 2007

I have used black electrical tape for years, with no problems whatsoever. But I am in
Nova Scotia, zone 5a, so we probably have less concern re. heat.   No problems
with being too tight at the time of grafting, but will "indent" the stock if left
indefinitely.  I graft in the Spring, and then slit the tape (just a single vertical cut
through the tape, leaving the tape in place) in July or August.  The tape eventually
falls off, but if you try to peel it off at the time, it may pull the bark off with it.