[NAFEX] Trial

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Sun Dec 16 11:10:42 EST 2007

Richard Murphy asked, "Is anyone going to trial anything new this Spring?
Anything you are free to discuss?  Any new fruit, plant, chemical or
process"

    Cloudberry.  George Brinson, a NAFEXer from one of the Maritimes sent me
some seed two years ago.  Cloudberries need two cold seasons to germinate
and they should pop out of the ground this Spring.  I had also received some
(several years old) seed from the Corvallis germplasm repository but they
failed to germinate.  I might also receive some bare-root plants from the
University of Alaska if their transplants were successful.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: