[NAFEX] soil testing... and master gardeners

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Wed Dec 12 18:48:56 EST 2007

He's on my list; at this point I'm waiting until after the holidays.   In
three years I've harvested one cherry tomato, one pepper, and maybe 18
strawberries.  There would have been more food value from eating the seeds
I've planted.

~ Stephen

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Donna &/or Kieran
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:45 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] soil testing... and master gardeners

Stephen,  Have you called your county ag agent?   Or do you still have them
there?  Some places have to make do with "Master Gardeners".  (I have been
pretty disgusted with that notion, as a 16 week class doesn't give enough
knowlege to "master" much of anything.  I like meeting them at the county
fair and asking questions they can't answer, like about grafting or species
they never heard of.  I didn't get over being irritated at them saying, "I'm
a master gardener, do you have any questions?" till they invited me to come
speak, which was a blast.  I bought all kinds of produce for show and tell
and poked fun at my many failures.  Most of us in NAFEX are pretty good at
that I think, more experience in the failure department than most gardeners
ever aspire to.    )     Donna