[NAFEX] Persimmons

Mark & Helen Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Mon Dec 10 13:49:12 EST 2007

Ginda,

I've been excited to try Morris Burton.  Although I haven't grown any yet,
it's been recommended by the gals at Hidden Springs and John Brittain at
Nolin Nut nursery as the best tasting cultivar.  Tried to grow it last
summer and it died.  The early freeze killed one and the other slowly
withered and died (I didn't know they were supposed to be watered a lot.)
John Brittian said they can take almost as much water as pecan.  Morris
Burton is supposed to be small though, and soft, but very sweet.  Ordered
another for this spring.

Mark
KS
currently zone 6a

P.S. Interestingly, just the persimmon grafts died, both rootstocks
survived.