[NAFEX] Great book source

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Sat Dec 8 03:08:03 EST 2007

I have used ABEbooks for many years and have found that every dealer I have either sold to or purchased from has been very reputable.  There are dealers from all over the world selling their books through ABE (Advanced Book Exchange).  There is also a small Book Search application that you can download free at http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/files/sbksrch.exe that is simply called Book Search.  Click here for a screenshot:  http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/images/bksrch.gif

As the download page says, Book Search is a small and fast FREEWARE program enabling you to search a number of large book search engines (9 to be exact, including ABE, Amazon and Barnes & Nobler) on the Internet for new and used books. Ideal for finding rare or hard-to-find books, or for comparing prices. Search by keyword, title, or author name.  You place a shortcut on your desktop and when clicked a small window pops up allowing you to do a search from all 9 services at the same time.  Simply fill in the title, author or keyword, check which dealers you want to search and click the search button.  A separate Internet Explorer window will pop up for each dealer you check listing the title you searched for and prices.  I never buy a book without using it for price comparisons and to see if a used copy is available. Hope this helps someone!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com