[NAFEX] Che(Cudrania tricuspidata )

bill dality namtoo at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 12:07:58 EDT 2007

Is Cudrania tricuspidata  graft compatible on Morus alba ...or vice versa?
  Does anyone have a selection of this fruit (Chinese melon berry) wch is exceptional in fruit size or fruit quality.
  I gather from Jerry's comment that the pollinated fruit is significantly larger than the unpollinated (seedless) fruit.

  From Jerry Lehman:

  Growing here zone 5b central West Indiana is one Chinese melon berry, Che also spelled Chi. It fruits almost every year and as I don't have a male it is small and seedless. Fruits are bright red when ripe, and taste like mulberry and melon. Haven't seen a problem with winter damage here.

Jerry