[NAFEX] fixes for squirrel problems? tried animal psychic

Dianne Stephany iluvdanc at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 20 10:31:55 EDT 2007

My VistaPrint Electronic Business Card    We had one peach tree with fruit. I had been nursing it with Serenade (bactilis subtilis) for peach leaf curl.  I tried Neem but Serenade works better for me, here in zone 5.  Squirrels were stealing peaches every day and leaving them around the yard. I was watching my tree get denuded of fruit and branches broken!!  After painting my peach tree with cayene pepper and having with an animal psychic talk to the squirrels { she aggreed with my observations that the squirrels were just playing with the peaches, stealing them and not even eating them-   "it's a game"; "it's fun" she said they said. The animal psychic said that squirrels see all our responses to them as a game for them to beat us at. },   I too might be driven to extreeme mesures such as squirrel soup (and I am a vegetarian!) to stop them.
    I am now entertaining ideas of spraying the next years crop and the few apples we have left with a soap and  dried blood, and maybe cayene pepper, mixture to try to keep them from stealing the rest of the apples.  The trees are too close together to use a pipe around the trunk -the squirrels can jump from tree to tree.

    Anyone know of any thing else that might taste terrible and even better smell toxic to them? I have already killed a service berry with "deer off"- so I am hesitant to use this.

thank you! and  will try the water trick with the hornets- we have a nest right at the front door.

Dianne Stephany,
zone 5, Rochester NY with 67 degree weather, but no rain; even the weeds are wilting.