[NAFEX] wasps and yellow jackets

Jenny Ruth Yasi voices at maine.rr.com
Sun Aug 19 20:43:32 EDT 2007

Thanks everyone! It was an excavator came in to pull out some stumps from
our April windfall, and somehow this absolutely enormous -- like the size of
a 19 inch yoga ball-- paper wasp nest was built into the roots of a tree.
I've never heard this particular contractor scream "run!" before!!  The
vacuum idea DOES sound like it would enliven an evening! But probably I'll
smother it with water and dump some manure and fresh grass clippings on
there and see if I can cook and or smother it.

I've got a guest dog who will NOT stop whining! arrgh!

Happy amazing raspberry/blackberry season!! The best season here in years!
Perfect timing of the torrential rains!!

Yasi
Maine