[NAFEX] When are Asian Pears Ripe?

lester davis lhdavis8 at knology.net
Tue Aug 14 16:26:36 EDT 2007

KOREAN GIANTS USUALLY RIPEN IN MID-GEORGIA SEPT 7-10.  WITH THE HEAT
THIS SUMMER A FEW DAYS EARLIER.   THE BEST WAY I'VE FOUND ON ASIAN
PEARS IS  CUT INTO THE CORE, IF THE SEEDS ARE BLACK OR NEARLY BLACK
THE FRUIT IS RIPE.  I WILL BRING SOME "SHOW-AND-TELL" KOREAN GIANTS
TO THE CLEMSON MEETINGS, THEY WILL BE ABOUT A WEEK SHORT OF RIPE
BUT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR TASTE TEST.

LESTER H. DAVIS