[NAFEX] Saint Lawrence Nursery

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Tue Aug 7 08:26:31 EDT 2007

Scott,
    My experience with St. Lawrence Nursery was equally as negative as yours.  The trees they sent me were severely damaged before they shipped them - one was split from root to branches and the other was shaped like a cane.  Like you, I wrote to them and received no answer.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

I emailed the nursery twice, once when the plant was in serious decline
(within 2 weeks of planting) and once after it was obviously showing no
signs of list (above ground at least).  I have yet to hear a reply on either
contact.  I had checked the watchdog rating of SLN before having ordered and
the nursery has good ratings, but my experience has not been positive at
this point.   (I think I should ask a question so this post has a point)

Anyone think this Bali has a chance of throwing a root shoot or am I more
likely to have to pull the remains and try again?

Also, has anyone left a negative feedback on Gardenwatchdog.com and at what
point did you do so?  I don't want to affect the rating of a company for
which I've heard such good things, but my own experience has been
disappointing.

Scott Hills