[NAFEX] Blackberry

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Sun Jul 23 09:20:03 EDT 2006

Is this:

On Jul 23, 2006, at 8:59 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

>     I have one variety of one species that I do sell plants from.  The
> berries aren't quite as big as Fort Kent (it has fewer druplets per
> berry)
> and it doesn't produce quite as many fruits as Fort Kent but the
> plant only
> achieves 5' of height as compared to Fort Kent's 7'.  It has an
> acceptable
> number of small, relatively soft thorns.   It is winter hardy with a
> good-tasting berry that hangs on until harvested.

the zone 3 blackberry you want to release?  Did you breed it
yourself, or find it?

I have no idea what the demand would be, and i can't think why
someone would reject a plant for being found rather than
intentionally bred.  But if you have any info on its genetics/
parents, I'm sure some people on this list would find it interesting.

Ginda