[NAFEX] Ferbam fungicide

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 11:44:03 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/17/2006 6:57:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
loneroc at mwt.net writes:

> My understanding is that Ferbam is (was) one of the least toxic ag-chemicals
> available.  Makers decided it was not worth the expense of re-registering
> rather than there being any problem with the stuff itself.  It's been a long
> time, but I think it was dark and smelly--a good varmint repellent on its
> own
.

Two years ago when a fellow INGA member passed away his widow gave me a full
box of Furbam which was labeled for Brown Rot. It is very black, has a non
attractive odor, have sprayed with it about three times this year. My peaches are
now ripening and the lowest amount of Brown Rot in years. Having damp hot
weather which promotes Brown Rot. I may get a decent crop of donut peaches. They
are good!

I have a new sprayer (air blast) and have been spraying more regularly this
year. Whether it was better attention to spraying or the Furban is unknown.

Jerry