[NAFEX] Cedar Apple Rust Again

Zeugitai zeugitai at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 12:12:05 EDT 2006

This has been my year for putting in apple trees and finding out about cedar
apple rust. It appeared on each and every variety I planted: Macintosh, red
delicious, arkansas black, yellow delicious, granny smith, and winesap. Yes,
that's each and every one.  I destroyed the one big red cedar that was on my
property and later growth of leaves on all the trees is beautiful and
untainted; but the growths that appeared in the spring have developed. It's
quite and ugly mess. Yes, I had sprayed in the springtime, but perhaps my
timing was off.  So much for resistance.

Mark
AR  6B