[NAFEX] cotoneaster - rootstock

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Wed Jul 12 12:46:40 EDT 2006

I've seen a Hawthorn used as rootstock for Cottoneaster. I guess
Cottoneaster can be used as rootstock for Hawthorn. The tree I saw is
over 30 yrs old. You might wonder why would you do that. for ornamental
reasons, the mounding cottoneaster and the really thick truck of the
hawthorn is quite intresting.

Bassem Samaan, Pa Zone 6