[NAFEX] [permaculture] heritage peach tree preservation

oliver smith callis oliversmithcallis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 21:22:31 EDT 2006

Richard,
thanks for your suggestions, I noticed that you are specializing partly in
apricots. On the adjacent property to the peaches, there are two apricot
trees that were planted in 1864, one is a Chinese and the other is a Moore
Park. These trees are in much better shape, they've been well taken care of,
and we will be working to propagate these as well. I'm not sure of the
average lifespan of apricots, so I don't know if these are out of the
ordinary. The owner told me that the Chinese Apricot has pits that are
sweeter than almonds.
Thanks,
Oliver