[NAFEX] Urban de-forestation funding

Nate nrhora at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 17:52:27 EDT 2006

Currently in a nearby city, there are efforts to eliminate tracts of
land containing various species of trees (incld. Larch, monkey puzzle,
maple, Norweigen Pine) for rezoneing/re-development. These urban
forests have been around a good 40-50 years. We're not sure how much
of an accumulated amount of a money has been amast by various
development companies, but the end result is that we have forever lost
these rich groves which have suppressed smog, recycled carbon monoxide
emissions, which ultimately results in fresh clean air.

We need to make an effort of protest to have these existing
developments stopped, or the land that people use to walk in for park
use, will forever be gone.